COVID-19 Testing Locations
ALABAMA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH - PELHAM LOCATION
Our COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard and COVID-19 Table provides a list of specimen collection sites. These facilities have reported to the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) that they are collecting specimens for COVID-19. This lists and dashboard map does not reflect all collection sites in Alabama. Call the testing site for additional information before visiting or call the Alabama COVID-19 24/7 Hotline at 1-888-264-2256 for testing sites and hours of operation near you. Interpreters are available. Note: There is no medical advice provided at this telephone number.
For General Questions
For general COVID-19 questions, call 1-800-270-7268 or email the Alabama Department of Health. Telephone calls are answered from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily. Interpreters are available. For frequently asked questions and to check your symptoms, visit the Alabama.gov COVID-19 Information Hub.
Waiting For Test Results
After persons are tested for COVID-19, they should go home to self-isolate and remain there until their results are reported to them by their healthcare provider. They are not to go anywhere other than home. If a person is being tested for COVID-19 and hospitalized, they will be in isolation prescribed by the facility’s Infection Control Office. The decision to discontinue home isolation precautions should be made on a case-by-case basis, in consultation with healthcare providers and ADPH.
MAINSTREET URGENT CARE - PELHAM LOCATION
MainStreet Family Care is now testing at all 16 of our clinics throughout the state. We are open 7 days a week to address any issues and symptoms you are experiencing. You may walk in at any time to be evaluated for Coronavirus testing. We offer two types of Coronavirus tests: One test that will tell you if you HAVE COVID-19 (viral test) and one test that will tell you if you HAD COVID-19 (antibody blood test). This page is about the test to see if you HAVE COVID.
Learn more about the test to see if you HAD COVID-19.
What else do I need to know to prepare for my visit?
- Copays are waived for patients in need of COVID-19 testing.
- If you come to the clinic for a test, please be sure the front desk gives you a face mask immediately. Please put on the facemask as soon as it is handed to you. Wearing a facemask is the best way to limit any potential transmission.
- We will test you for other types of infection first, then we will test for Coronavirus (COVID-19) if you are a candidate.
- It generally takes 3 days to get a result back.
- In order to process the test and provide you with results, you will also be required to set up an online patient portal account with us.
If you are in need of testing, there is no appointment needed. Simply walk in any of our 16 MainStreet clinics to be evaluated.