- Administration (clerical support, accounting/financial support)
- Engineering (City Engineer)
- Ballantrae Golf Club
- Building Inspections and GIS
- Human Resources
- Facilities Maintenance and Landscape
- Parks and Recreation
- Pelham Civic Complex & Ice Arena
- Public Works (laborers for maintenance and repair of streets and other community areas)
- Garage (mechanics to support operation and maintenance of all city vehicles)
We encourage you to complete an online application and submit it via email. We will retain your application on file for 60 days. (You may also forward a copy of your resume.) The City of Pelham ensures that all individuals have an equal opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, or national origin. The City of Pelham is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is E-Verify compliant.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Ballantrae Golf Club
GOLF COURSE CART/BAG ATTENDANT - PART TIME
Part time up to 30 hours a week. Rate of pay is $7.50 an hour plus tips. Schedule includes weekday/weekend mornings and afternoons. Must be 16 years of age with a valid driver's license.
Job duties include friendly customer service, assisting golfers with bags upon arrival and departure, cleaning and restocking golf carts and picking up range balls from the driving range.
GRILL/BEVERAGE CART ATTENDANT - PART TIME
Part time up to 30 hours a week. Rate of pay is $9.00 an hour plus tips. Schedule includes weekday/weekend mornings and afternoons. Must be 21 years of age with a valid driver's license.
Job duties include friendly customer service, cooking breakfast and lunch items, operating a point of sale system, grill cleanliness, driving a beverage cart on the golf course and the sale of beverages and food to the golfers.
Civic Complex and Ice Arena
MANAGER ON DUTY
The City of Pelham is currently accepting applications for a full time position of Manager on Duty for the Pelham Civic Complex & Ice Arena. This job involves managing the recreation establishment to provide entertainment to the public by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees:
- Manages nightly operations and part time employees
- Maintains optimal functionality of two ice rinks and banquet hall
- Creates work schedules for part time employees based on needs of facility
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies and applicable laws
- Responsible for nightly cleaning; ice resurfacing; forklift operation; snorkel lift operation
- Assesses problems and situations to handle for completion
- Responsible for banquet set up and breakdown for functions and events
- Sets up stages, sports floor and set up and removal of rink board
Potential candidates must have: a valid driver’s license; a high school education (or equivalent) and one to three years supervisory experience in assigning and directing work, and addressing complaints and solving problems.
The salary range for this position is $37,2710.80 to 49,7012.62.
Applications are available on the city’s website and can be downloaded or picked up at City Hall. Completed applications may be sent to email@example.com, delivered to City Hall or mailed to City of Pelham, Human Resources, PO Box 1419, Pelham AL 35124. The final date to submit applications is Wednesday, October 31, 2018, at 5:00 PM.
The City of Pelham is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is E-Verify compliant.
Development Services & Public Works
The City of Pelham is currently accepting applications for a part-time position with the City of Pelham Library:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF WORK
- Assist patrons at the circulation desk and on the floor.
- Handle incoming circulation desk phone calls.
- Communicate effectively with library patrons on the phone and on the floor.
- Shelve and straighten material.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to learn the Dewey Decimal System and alphabetize.
- Light housekeeping duties
- Unload book drops
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF WORK
Candidates must have mobility to maneuver among high and low shelves, stand for long periods of time, manipulate heavy objects and have the ability to multi-task. Candidates must have transportation to and from work. Candidates must be able to work irregular hours including:
Monday-Wednesday 5:00 PM-8:00 PM; Every other Saturday 10:00 AM-5:00 PM
Applicant must satisfactorily pass a background investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving conditional offer of employment. Compensation is $7.50 per hour.
Applications are available on this website and can be downloaded. Completed applications and resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the City of Pelham, Human Resources, at P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124 or dropped off at Pelham City Hall. Final date to submit applications is October 8, 2018, at 5:00PM.