- Administration (clerical support, accounting/financial support)
- Engineering (City Engineer)
- Ballantrae Golf Club
- Building Inspections and GIS
- Human Resources
- Facilities Maintenance and Landscape
- Parks and Recreation
- Pelham Civic Complex & Ice Arena
- Public Works (laborers for maintenance and repair of streets and other community areas)
- Garage (mechanics to support operation and maintenance of all city vehicles)
We encourage you to complete an online application and submit it via email. We will retain your application on file for 60 days. (You may also forward a copy of your resume.)
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy), color, age, national origin, disability or any other protected status. We base our hiring decisions on a variety of factors., including skills and ability to perform the job, prior employment experience, employment references as to character and willingness to work, willingness to accept the offered salary and personal interviews. The City of Pelham is an equal opportunity employer.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Ballantrae Golf Club
GRILL/BEVERAGE CART ATTENDANT - PART TIME
Part time up to 30 hours a week. Rate of pay is $9.00 an hour plus tips. Schedule includes weekday/weekend mornings and afternoons. Must be 21 years of age with a valid driver's license.
Job duties include friendly customer service, cooking breakfast and lunch items, operating a point of sale system, grill cleanliness, driving a beverage cart on the golf course and the sale of beverages and food to the golfers.
Civic Complex and Ice Arena
Development Services & Public Works
Parks & Recreation
SENIOR CENTER MANAGER
The City of Pelham is currently seeking to fill our full time position for Senior Center Manager. This job involves directing daily management of the Pelham Senior Center which includes but is not limited to the following essential job functions:
- Develops, implements and schedules all programs and activities at the Senior Center
- Studies and analyzes recreational needs and resources for our seniors in the community
- Supervises, trains and evaluates direct reports; addresses employee concerns and problems
- Identifies, contacts, schedules and evaluates independent instructors
- Supports Assistant Director of Parks and Recreation in conducting market research and developing short and long range goals and objectives
- Coordinates programs and services with local agencies on aging and service providers for senior adults
- Plans and coordinates off site outings and overnight trips
- Drives city vehicles when needed
- Develops newsletter, fliers, and displays to promote interest in Senior Center programs
- Maintains and markets programs and activities on Senior Center social media
Bachelor’s Degree plus one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Commercial Driver's License Preferred.
Starting salary: $39,794 - $55,426 based on qualifications and experience. The City also offers an excellent benefits package.
Applicant must satisfactorily pass a background investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving conditional offer of employment. Applications are available on this website and can be downloaded. Completed applications may be emailed to CityManagerAdmin@pelhamalabama.gov, or mailed to the City of Pelham Human Resources at P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124, or may be dropped off in person. Position is open until filled. First review October 9, 2019. City of Pelham is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is E-Verify compliant.