- Administration (clerical support, accounting/financial support)
- Engineering (City Engineer)
- Ballantrae Golf Club
- Building Inspections and GIS
- Human Resources
- Facilities Maintenance and Landscape
- Parks and Recreation
- Pelham Civic Complex & Ice Arena
- Public Works (laborers for maintenance and repair of streets and other community areas)
- Garage (mechanics to support operation and maintenance of all city vehicles)
We encourage you to complete an online application and submit it via email. We will retain your application on file for 60 days. (You may also forward a copy of your resume.)
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy), color, age, national origin, disability or any other protected status. We base our hiring decisions on a variety of factors., including skills and ability to perform the job, prior employment experience, employment references as to character and willingness to work, willingness to accept the offered salary and personal interviews. The City of Pelham is an equal opportunity employer.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Ballantrae Golf Club
The City of Pelham is currently accepting applications for the position of Membership/Accounting at Ballantrae Golf Club. This position is responsible for all Ballantrae golf membership accounts; oversees the finance and accounting processes and documentation for the Ballantrae Golf Club before being sent to the Corporate Finance Department for further processing. This position must be able work hours on weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Following are some of the duties of this position. A full job description is available upon request:
- Handle all membership sales. Sets up and maintains accounts according to contract. Processes member billing. Collection of delinquent account balances.
- Establishes cash handling processes for opening and closing of shifts. Reviews and audits daily transactions from Golf transactions, as well as Food and Beverage. Balances daily. Prepares daily deposits and forwards to Finance Department. Analyzes data to check for fraud and compliance of procedures.
- Audits, Codes and approves invoices. Forward to GM and Finance Department for further review, approval, and processing. Monitors accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date. Reviews, balances, and interprets computer reports, and makes corrections. Prepare and assist with annual budget.
- Negotiates maintenance contracts for HVAC, Elevator, Janitorial, and office equipment. Schedules repairs and maintenance.
- Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services. Work in other areas of the clubhouse as needed.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Higher level of education preferred. Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, ability to read a general ledger and income statement required, four to five years related experience and/or training required.
Salary and benefits beginning at $45,681 + based on qualifications and experience.
Applicant must satisfactorily pass a Background Investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving conditional offer of employment. Applications are available on this website and can be downloaded. Completed applications and resumes may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the City of Pelham, Human Resources, ATTN; Brooke Jenkins at City Hall, 401 Southgate Drive, Pelham, AL 35124 or dropped off at Pelham City Hall. Final date to submit applications and resumes’ is Friday, January 31, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
GRILL/BEVERAGE CART ATTENDANT - PART TIME
Part time up to 30 hours a week. Rate of pay is $9.00 an hour plus tips. Schedule includes weekday/weekend mornings and afternoons. Must be 21 years of age with a valid driver's license.
Job duties include friendly customer service, cooking breakfast and lunch items, operating a point of sale system, grill cleanliness, driving a beverage cart on the golf course and the sale of beverages and food to the golfers.
Civic Complex and Ice Arena
FACILITIES ASSISTANT/LABORER ~ PART TIME
The City of Pelham is currently seeking to fill our Part-Time position for Facilities Assistant/Laborer. This job involves keeping the premises of the Civic Complex building in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties:
- Ensures facility is clean according to guidelines established by management.
- Assists with event set up.
- Performs light building maintenance duties.
- Provides excellent customer service to patrons.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus one month related experience and/or training.
Special Requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age due to position requirement to serve alcohol to patrons.
Salary Range: $8.00 + based on qualifications/experience.
Applicant must satisfactorily pass a background investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving conditional offer of employment. Applications are available on our website (https://pelhamalabama.gov/156/Job-Opportunities) and can be downloaded. Completed applications may be emailed, or mailed to the City of Pelham Human Resources at P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124, or may be dropped off in person. Position posted until filled. City of Pelham is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is E-Verify compliant.
Development Services & Public Works
The City of Pelham is currently accepting applications and resumes for the full time position of Building Inspector. This position reports to the Building and Zoning Official. They are responsible for inspecting new and existing buildings and structures to enforce conformance to building, grading, and zoning laws and approved plans, specifications, and standards. The following is a list of duties involved:
- Inspects residential and commercial buildings during and after construction to ensure components meet provisions of building, grading, zoning, and safety laws and approved plans, specifications, and standards.
- Provides plan review on all residential plan submittals.
- Works with contractors, builders and public to consult and advises regarding procedures and regulations and ensuring conformity with regulations, code compliance, and public safety.
- Ensures gravel is placed on driveways and silt fences and hay bales are in place and maintained at each building construction work site for storm water runoff.
- Interprets, answers questions, and recommends compliance procedures to contractors, craft-workers, and owners in reference to zoning and building codes.
- Observes conditions and issues notices for corrections to persons responsible for conformance.
- Maintains inspection records electronically and prepares reports for use by administrative or judicial authorities.
- Reviews applications and issues building permits.
- Approves permits for signs. Enforces sign ordinances.
- Conducts inspections of existing buildings to determine lack of prescribed maintenance, housing violations, or hazardous conditions.
- Obtains evidence and prepares reports concerning violations which have not been corrected.
A complete job description can be made available upon request.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree and four years of Inspector experience and/or training with knowledge of building codes, zoning ordinances and codes; or, equivalent combination of education and experience. A Certified Commercial Building Inspector license or experience as an electrical inspector or licensed electrician is preferred.
Building Inspector Certification through International Code Council, Storm Water Runoff Certification, Qualified Credentialed Inspector, and Member of International Association Electrical Inspectors are preferred. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Compensation is $49,911- $69,517, depending on experience, education, and other training. The City of Pelham offers an excellent benefits package.
Applicant must satisfactorily pass a Background Investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving conditional offer of employment. Applications are available on this website and can be downloaded. Completed applications and resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Final date to submit applications and resumes is Friday, January 31, 2020, at 5:00 PM.
City of Pelham is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is E-Verify compliant.