- Administration (clerical support, accounting/financial support)
- Engineering (City Engineer)
- Ballantrae Golf Club
- Building Inspections and GIS
- Human Resources
- Facilities Maintenance and Landscape
- Parks and Recreation
- Pelham Civic Complex & Ice Arena
- Public Works (laborers for maintenance and repair of streets and other community areas)
- Garage (mechanics to support operation and maintenance of all city vehicles)
We encourage you to complete an online application and submit it via email. We will retain your application on file for 60 days. (You may also forward a copy of your resume.) The City of Pelham ensures that all individuals have an equal opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, or national origin. The City of Pelham is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is E-Verify compliant.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Development Services & Public Works
The City of Pelham is currently accepting applications for the full time position of Plans Examiner in the Development Services & Public Works Department. This job involves examining plans and construction drawings for new construction, alterations, and repair work to determine if plans, workmanship and materials confirm to relevant building codes. Work is essentially performed in an office setting under the direction of the Building Official who, along with the Fire Chief, reviews work for adherence to codes and ordinances.
- Reviews residential, commercial and industrial plans for acceptable structural strength, stability, energy conservation, sanitation, accessibility for the disabled, light, ventilation, fire standards and exits
- Ensures compliance with soil erosion and sediment control codes and sign and zoning ordinances
- Reviews plans for compliance with flood plain development guidelines; collects elevation/flood proofing certificates and notes proper methods of flood proofing to owners/designers/contractors to assure compliance with the National Flood Insurance Program
- Reviews automatic fire suppression systems, and fire alarm drawings to ensure they meet the minimum standards established by the codes
- Verifies fire districts and business licenses as well as any specially-zoned properties, i.e., overall districts and ensure adherences to these regulations
- Coordinates plan examination and reviews with other specialized code enforcement areas; consults with architects, engineers, and building inspectors
- Makes recommendations of code interpretation and requirements; assists building inspectors in properly interpreting plans and specifications
- Answers inquiries pertaining to the building code and construction procedures
- Prepares periodic records and reports
High school diploma or GED required with at least eight years of experience examining building plans for a local or state government agency. Must hold Building Plans Examiner certification from International Code Council or be willing to become certified within first year of employment.
The salary range for this position is $54,870 to $74,783 depending on qualifications. The City of Pelham also offers comprehensive medical and dental benefits and public employee retirement system contributions.
Applicant must satisfactorily pass a background investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving conditional offer of employment. Applications are available on this website and can be downloaded. Please forward application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com or to the City of Pelham, Human Resources, P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124 or dropped off at Pelham City Hall. Application packets will be accepted until June 19, 2018, at 5:00 p.m.
City of Pelham is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is E-Verify compliant.
The City of Pelham is currently accepting applications for a full time position as Meter Reader with the Pelham Water department. This position is responsible for reading water meters and recording volume used by residential and commercial customers and reporting readings to designated staff. Also, assists in the maintenance and repairs to meters, registers, water lines and other associated parts and performs other duties as assigned by department supervisor.
Duties may include, but not limited to:
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain a working relationship with employees and the general public.
- Walks or drives truck over established routes and records readings of meter dials; inspects meters and connections for defects, damage, leaks, and unauthorized connections; sets and retrieves meters and registers; turns service off (cut-offs) for non-payment of charges or as directed, and on (reconnects) for new service or as directed.
- Assists in keeping buildings, grounds, and areas around office, shop, tanks and wells, mowed, clean and maintained; performs maintenance and upkeep of routes, meter boxes and area around meters.
- Assists Well Operators, office staff and service crew, as needed.
- Follows safety rules; safeguards city property, vehicles, tools, equipment and supplies
- Work hours are as directed and some weekend work may be required.
Requirements: Must possess and maintain a valid Alabama Driver’s License. May hold a CDL license, but not required; must be familiar with I-pad and other computer/telecommunication devices to retrieve, complete and transmit service orders; must be able to responsibly work alone; may hold a Grade II Water Operator Certification.
Salary beginning at $31.059.00 depending on experience, education, credentials and certifications. The City of Pelham offers an excellent benefits package.
Applicant must satisfactorily pass a Background Investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving conditional offer of employment. Applications are available on this website and can be downloaded. Completed applications and resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the City of Pelham, Human Resources, ATTN: Candy Porter at P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124 or dropped off at Pelham City Hall. Final date to submit applications and resumes is Tuesday, June 19, 2018, at 5:00PM.
City of Pelham is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is E-Verify compliant.
Ballantrae Golf Club
ASSISTANT GOLF PROFESSIONAL
This position assists the Head Golf Professional in supervising and managing the golf operations department in a professional and efficient manner. Provide excellent customer service, professional advice and assistance to all members and guests, teach lessons and clinics. Directly interview, supervise, schedule and train outside services personnel. Supervise all other golf operations personnel as directed by the head professional. Manage tournaments and assist with merchandise management; must be able to work flexible hours and handle multiple assignments at one time. This position is required to work hours on weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include, but not limited to: Assist in supervising and managing the total golf operations department in a professional and efficient manner. Must be able to think independently and make decisions on one’s own in the absence of the Head Golf Professional; Provide excellent customer service, professional advice and assistance to all patrons; Provide golf instruction and clinics that are consistent with instructional methods, policies and procedures of senior instructors; Responsible for interviewing, training, scheduling and supervising up to fifteen part-time outside services personnel; Assist in the responsibilities of golf shop merchandising. The Assistant Golf Professional must be knowledgeable of the USGA rules of golf. A complete job description is available upon request.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; one or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Within the first year of employment must have enrolled in the PGA golf management program and maintain an active classification in the PGA of America.
Salary and benefits beginning at $26,917.80. Benefits include health, dental, vision & state retirement. In addition, will receive 75% of all lesson income and 85% of clinic income after one year of employment.
Applicant must satisfactorily pass a Background Investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving conditional offer of employment. Applications are available on this website and can be downloaded. Completed applications and resumes’ may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the City of Pelham, Human Resources, ATTN; Candy Porter at P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124 or dropped off at Pelham City Hall. Position is open until filled.
GOLF COURSE CART/BAG ATTENDANT - PART TIME
Part time up to 30 hours a week. Rate of pay is $7.50 an hour plus tips. Schedule includes weekday/weekend mornings and afternoons. Must be 16 years of age with a valid driver's license.
Job duties include friendly customer service, assisting golfers with bags upon arrival and departure, cleaning and restocking golf carts and picking up range balls from the driving range.
GRILL/BEVERAGE CART ATTENDANT - PART TIME
Part time up to 30 hours a week. Rate of pay is $9.00 an hour plus tips. Schedule includes weekday/weekend mornings and afternoons. Must be 21 years of age with a valid driver's license.
Job duties include friendly customer service, cooking breakfast and lunch items, operating a point of sale system, grill cleanliness, driving a beverage cart on the golf course and the sale of beverages and food to the golfers.
Pelham Civic Complex and Ice Arena
CONCESSIONS - PART TIME
Job duties include preparation and serving of a variety of foods, snacks and drinks for ice skating and hockey events and using a point of sale system. Rate of pay is $10.00 per hour plus tips.