We are committed to meet the needs of our citizens; to conduct ourselves as professionals, with compassion and efficiency.
- Fire Suppression
- Emergency Medical Response
- Public Education
- Vehicle Extrication
- Surface and Underwater Rescue
- Confined Space/High Angle Rescue
- Trench Rescue
- Hazardous Materials Mitigation
Message from the Fire Chief
On behalf of the men and women of the Pelham Fire Department, we welcome you to our official website. We consistently strive to improve our service delivery so that we can provide the best possible care to our citizens and guest who come to our city.
You will find information on the latest department activities as well as our personnel. We are committed to professionalism and excellence in our rapidly changing profession. Our ISO classification of 2 shows our commitment to our citizens to provide them high quality fire protection. With 80% of our team being certified paramedics you can rest easy that you are in good hands and will be provided excellent medical attention while in our city.
With the continued support of Mayor Gary Waters and the Pelham City Council our department will continue to grow and succeed in providing the best possible service to our citizens and guest.
You may also visit the Pelham Fire Department Facebook page for additional information.
Thank you again for visiting our website and we welcome you to our city.
Timothy W. Honeycutt B.S., NREMT-P
City of Pelham
Fire Prevention Division
- Fire Inspections
- Fire Investigations
- Plans Review
- Public Education
- Social Media
- Provides our citizen with the best medical care possible as their needs arise
- Our personnel have the best training and equipment available along with a thorough QA program
- Oversees record keeping, licensure and compliance with applicable State and Federal laws and regulations
- Training courses for both Pelham firefighters and firefighters across the state of Alabama.
- Pelham firefighters received 97 certifications in various specialty areas of fire response in 2016
- Responsible for the department’s safety programs
ISO Class 2 rating protecting approximately 23,000 citizens within a 37 square mile area. We respond to approximately 3000 calls annually. Our community protection includes residential, commercial, and rural use type of properties including Oak Mountain State Park.
Our Fire Department was founded in 1964 as a volunteer organization and evolved into a full-time department in 1984. We currently employ 80 certified firefighters/emergency medical technicians who work a 24 hour on / 48 hour off schedule. Pelham is home to five fire stations strategically positioned throughout the city. Each station houses an Advanced Life Support (ALS) pumper along with the specialty equipment assigned to that station.
View pictures of the Fire stations, as well as blurbs about the features of each location.
The Fire Department issues warning for safe burning.
Read warnings and advice for the public from the Fire Department.
View information for applicants to the Fire Department, such as requirements and the application itself.