We are committed to meet the needs of our citizens; to conduct ourselves as professionals, with compassion and efficiency.
- Fire Suppression
- Emergency Medical Response
- Public Education
- Vehicle Extrication
- Surface and Underwater Rescue
- Confined Space/High Angle Rescue
- Trench Rescue
- Hazardous Materials Mitigation
Message from the Fire Chief
The men and women of the Pelham Fire Department strive for excellence in all that we provide for our citizens and visitors. As our mission statement is “We are committed to meet the needs of our citizens; to conduct ourselves as professionals, with compassion and efficiency”. We, at Pelham Fire Department, pride ourselves with meeting the needs of our citizens and being on the cutting edge of new and innovative techniques in all aspects of our jobs.
The Pelham Fire Department provides fire and emergency medical services as well as technical rescue services in rope rescue, confined space rescue, hazardous materials response, and dive rescue and recovery. We also have a Community Paramedic Program, Smoke Detector Program, and a very active Fire Prevention Education Program. As you can see by the list of our areas of involvement, we are constantly seeking to provide the highest level of service for our citizens and visitors.
Please let us know if you need any assistance and we will do our very best to meet your needs.
In your service,
Michael W. Reid B.S., NREMT-P
City of Pelham
Fire Prevention Division
- Fire Inspections
- Fire Investigations
- Plans Review
- Public Education
- Social Media
- Provides our citizen with the best medical care possible as their needs arise
- Our personnel have the best training and equipment available along with a thorough QA program
- Oversees record keeping, licensure and compliance with applicable State and Federal laws and regulations
- Training courses for both Pelham firefighters and firefighters across the state of Alabama.
- Pelham firefighters received 97 certifications in various specialty areas of fire response in 2016
- Responsible for the department’s safety programs
ISO Class 2 rating protecting approximately 23,000 citizens within a 37 square mile area. We respond to approximately 3000 calls annually. Our community protection includes residential, commercial, and rural use type of properties including Oak Mountain State Park.
Our Fire Department was founded in 1964 as a volunteer organization and evolved into a full-time department in 1984. We currently employ 80 certified firefighters/emergency medical technicians who work a 24 hour on / 48 hour off schedule. Pelham is home to five fire stations strategically positioned throughout the city. Each station houses an Advanced Life Support (ALS) pumper along with the specialty equipment assigned to that station.
Learn CPR through the CPR program taught by the Pelham FIre Department.
View pictures of the Fire stations, as well as blurbs about the features of each location.
The Fire Department issues warning for safe burning.
Read warnings and advice for the public from the Fire Department.
View information for applicants to the Fire Department, such as requirements and the application itself.