Establish or Disconnect Service
Establish New Service
- Obtain and provide a copy of the written approval of inspection and verification of compliance from the Building Official, 205-620-6409, for commercial accounts.
- Fill out the appropriate application.
- If you own the property supply a copy of your Warranty Deed. If you are renting, leasing, or lease to purchase supply a copy of your dated/signed Lease Agreement.
- Supply a copy of applicants and co-applicants (if applicable) Valid Drivers License. If you are faxing your information please make a lightened copy of your license so they will come across the fax machine.
- Commercial Applicants must have a valid City of Pelham Business License and Federal identification number.
- Confirm your request has been received with an email confirmation from our office
You may submit your application by mail, fax (205-620-6560), or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A check must accompany application with appropriate fees before service is established. You can mail the paperwork with a check. If using email, you must complete the subject line as "New Service" or "Bank Draft," it cannot be left blank or the email will not be opened. We will need all paperwork and fees paid prior to establishing a new account and receive the service. You may call the office at 205-620-6420 to follow up on any requests made through mail service, email or fax.
We will need all paperwork and fees paid at least one business day before you would like the account to go into your name.
Complete the Discontinue Service Request form (PDF) and return it to Pelham Water Works at least one business day prior to your requested disconnect date.
Completed form can be faxed to 205-620-6560 or emailed, if using email the subject line must be titled "Discontinue Service" or email will not be opened. If you do not receive confirmation of service discontinuation, contact the office at 205-620-6420 to follow up on your request.
Sending an email does not guarantee receipt. If you do not receive an email confirmation from the Department within 24 business hours of your request, please confirm by contacting the Water Department during normal business hours at 205-620-6420.