The City of Pelham is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of IT Manager. This position manages and supports the organization toward its primary technological objectives, based on approved business processes and city policies by performing the following duties personally or through others.
Representative List of Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The list is not intended to be all-inclusive nor exclusive but is intended to provide examples of typical duties performed.
- Applies technology into business processes and policies and informs/advises employees and other end-users on information systems, their functionalities, benefits, risks, and implementation requirements.
- Strategic planning for the future growth of the city’s IT enterprise system to adapt to the ever-changing advancement of IT related technologies to include hardware and software purchases and budget development.
- Maintenance of the network infrastructure for the city, including maintaining connection to all remote sites as well as the network backbone of the city.
- Installs and maintains network hardware and software for all departments.
- Manages support operation for users.
- Coordinates technical resources to achieve outcomes as well as timing and fiscal objectives.
- Manages the development, implementation, installation and operation of information and functional systems for the city.
- Maintains system/network security and requirements.
- Ensures network connectivity through the city’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is compatible with applicable technical considerations and infrastructure, while also assigning routing protocols.
- Maintains network servers such as: file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems, Exchange Servers, SQL Servers, and Active Directory.
- Administers servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, telephones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Creates/manages technology budget, strategic priorities, core standards and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with others.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Computer Science or related field required. Three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with variables.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced computer skills in both hardware and software. Hardware skills include but not limited to connecting machines to network, joining domain, and troubleshooting hardware or connectivity issues. Software skills include knowledge of all Microsoft Operating Systems (Server and Workstation), Office Suites, Internet browsers, Database management, and the capability to learn various programs used throughout the city.
Certificates and Licenses: Microsoft Certified System Engineer is preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: this job has supervisory responsibilities and is responsible for directing and collaborating with internal and external customers and vendors. Supervise work of all outsourced professional IT services. Assists with developing short- and long-range goals. This position also supervises the in users throughout the City of Pelham organization with questions and or issues with networking and computing.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Normal work schedule is Monday through Friday (business hours) but must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays, as well as personal vacation time. This position must be available for on call situations that may arise 24 x 7 x 365.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Compensation Range: The compensation range for this position is $87,430.00 - $119,159.00. The City of Pelham also offers an excellent benefits package.
Applications are available on this website and can be downloaded. Completed applications may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the City of Pelham, Human Resources, at P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124 or dropped off at Pelham City Hall, 401 Southgate Dr., Pelham, AL 35124. The final date to submit applications is Tuesday, July 5, 2022, at 5:00 p.m.
We do not discriminate based on race, sex (including pregnancy), color, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected status. We base our hiring decisions on a variety of factors, including skills and ability to perform the job, prior employment experience, employment references as to character and willingness to work, willingness to accept the offered salary and personal interviews. The City of Pelham is an equal opportunity employer.